©2015 Hospice of the Valley. All rights reserved.
501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Tax ID 94-2803411.
Physician & Community Liaison
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Education or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a customer service or sales capacity.
- Hospice and/or home health experience preferred.
- Possess a current Driver’s License in the State of California.
- Proof of current automobile liability insurance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must exert self-control intense or volatile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted in an uncomfortable, threatening or aggressive manner.
- Must be able to concentrate on work task amidst distractions such as noise, conversations and foot traffic.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires flexibility, decisiveness, and excellent communication skills in writing as well as verbally.
- Proficient skill using a computer is required; Microsoft Office Suite experience required with willingness to learn new applications as applicable.
- Knowledge and experience of hospice electronic medical record system required.
- Environmental Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly sitting, standing, walking, talking, using hands, listening and observing.
- Regularly working at a computer station for 4-6 hours at a time.
- Regularly requires the use of the telephone.
- Occasionally reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting of items weighing less than 25 pounds or less.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice/palliative criteria and local coverage determinations (LCD).
- Represents Hospice of the Valley and the Palliative Care Center Silicon Valley at special events and presentations projecting a professional appearance in behavior, attire and communication.
- Increases awareness through education of hospice services and palliative care to healthcare professionals including, but not limited to: hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, long tern acute care facilities, physicians, specialists, case managers, clinic and office staff, nurses, support groups, churches, and the community for designated territory.
- Develop, Maintain, and update ratings on referral sources and maintain up to date profiles.
- Develops, cultivates and promotes effective partnerships with other departments in the organization including, but not limited to, the admissions department and development.
- Works with referral sources to arrange educational in-services and luncheons.
- Documents activities and mileage on a daily basis using Outlook calendar.
- Demonstrates the ability to pre plan referral activities based on territory strategy and referral source ratings.
- Participate in agency meetings, activities, and other relevant professional meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you're interest or qualify for this position email resume to email@example.com and put in the subject line "LastName. FirstName, PCL"